Takeaways from the SAP SMB Innovation Summit
(Bangkok, Thailand. 12-14th March 2019)
By Ketan Solanki
SAP Business One Manager, MicroChannel Australia
The annual SAP SMB Innovation Summit is an event geared to equip the SAP Partner Ecosystem with the latest information, tools and tips to supercharge SMBs (small and medium-sized business) to success.
The theme of the event was “Delivering The Intelligent Enterprise for SMBs”, with a strong focus on Digital Transformation, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Internet of Things (IoT), Analytics and leveraging HANA as a platform.
Among topics covered during the event are the latest SAP product and technology innovations, industry insights and trends affecting small and midsize markets and tools to showcase on-premise and cloud ERP solutions.
What’s new for SAP Business One
For existing SAP Business One users, or those looking to move to SAP B1, look out for the next release with new and improved functions. Expected to be available in November 2019, here’s a sneak preview of what’s in store in SAP Business One version 10:
- Native web client
- New UI skin
- HANA 2.0 analytics
- New integration framework scenarios for additional standard integration scenarios (eg. Shopify, Magento, Facebook, Twitter)
- Additional Cloud / Hosting options
- Core ERP functionality enhancements. Some examples:
- Gannt chart for Projects, Service and Production
- Support for multi-trigger formatted searches
- Support for Service Call emailing
- Financial Reports with drilldown
- Backorder Reserve Invoice filtering
- Attachment options on additional forms
- Form Settings in Document Printing and Open Items Lists
- Enhancements in approval process
- Office 365 Integration
- Production module enhancements – outsourcing/job work, order cancelation, ability to reopen a closed order
- Service module enhancements: PM billing wizard for service
If you have any questions or are looking to upgrade reach out to the team.
What’s my overall feel post event
It was clear from the outset that SAP is on a mission to empower SMBs with technology typically reserved for Enterprise level organisations. The big wins for SAP Business One users is that SAP has developed a road-map to deliver enterprise-level capability without the complicated and lengthy implementation time frames typically associated with enterprise tech, and with a focus on fast user adoption.
With time proven solutions currently available and SAP’s focus on growing these offerings through enterprise technology development on an SMB level, I feel it’s a great time to be an SMB who is looking to innovate on the SAP Business One platform; especially if you are looking to use technology to innovate and gain a competitive advantage and or are competing against enterprise-level businesses.
Interesting SAP Business One Facts
- 60,000+ customers globally
- Over 1 Million end-users
- 170 countries
- 5,000+ new customers last year
- 500+ industry-specific solutions
For more information on SAP Business One and how it could benefit your business, reach out to us.