How IoT is Transforming Field Service
IoT is quickly transforming field service and businesses today are still scrambling to understand and benefit from field service applications. Consumer applications such as wearable fitness monitors and self-driving cars probably attract the most attention and are highly popular in this time. However, B2B (business to business) applications is estimated to capture 70 percent of the value of IoT, which could have a potential economic impact of $4 trillion to $11 trillion a year by 2025.
For businesses, connected technology can drastically improve the bottom line, especially when it is paired with systems like Dynamics NAV, Dynamics AX and Dynamics CRM that can analyse and churn out meaningful reports. IoT is also a key area in changing and transforming field service
– improving delivery and execution of services throughout diverse industries and applications. Placing the right system in place will enable actionable insights from the information and data gathered from the technologies.
Some of the benefits for businesses to embrace IoT include :-
- Continuously monitor and collect device data for more accurate analytics
- Detect anomalies through remote monitoring and provide proactive support
- Perform predictive (instead of scheduled) maintenance
- Proactively identify next best actions for maintenance and repairs
- Leverage machine-to-machine diagnosis and self-healing
At this early stage, IoT is already having a real impact on changing how good are manufactured and distributed, how products servicing works and how services are being deployed to consumers. To capture the full potential of IoT applications, there is a substantial need to be an investment in new technologies, capabilities and talent.
To start on this journey, speak to the MicroChannel team
for more info.